Message From Father Demetrios
My beloved in Christ,
At the direction of the Archdiocese in New York and our own Metropolis, the following guidelines for attendance have been established to re-open the Church
- Before entering the church, the temperature of each person will be taken by a designated person. If the person’s temperature is above 100.4°F he or she will be kindly asked to return to their home, both for their safety and the safety of others.
- Masks must be worn at all times by those age 2 and above except when receiving Holy Communion.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entry.
- Honor is to be shown to Holy Icons and the Holy Cross by only doing your cross and bowing. Keep in mind not to kiss or to touch the Holy Icons and the Holy Cross.
- Follow the guidance of the Parish Council or ushers on duty to ensure “Social Distancing” is maintained.
- Refrain from moving around the Church, shaking hands or embracing others during the service.
- Instructions for receiving Holy Communion and antidoron will be explained by the Clergy.
- At the conclusion of the service, please exit and return to your vehicle without congregating.
- Parishioners who have been sick with corona virus should have the written medical doctor’s statement that they no longer test positive before they can return to in person worship services.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Please spread this message to those friends and family in our community who do not have access to a computer or email.
The following link to the Metropolis Web site has the most current information pertaining to the Covid-19 guidelines and support:
Yours in Christ,
Father Demetris Babilis